Our nursery family staff team understand that all children are individuals and as such all bring something special and unique to our setting. We are also passionate and dedicated and are lead by Justine Parker who holds a Teaching Degree and joined the nursery in 2023.
Ongoing training is extremely important to us, as this further enhances the children's welfare and development.
We provide an experienced Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO), Donna Matthewman who joined the nursery in 2005. Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator has accredited Level 3 qualification in this role and specialises in promoting positive behaviour, inclusive practice and is trained in arranging early support for children prior to entering a main stream school.
We have a fully trained Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and deputies who maintains child protection and safeguarding at the nursery. Please refer to our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies, here on the website, which explain how we keep children and adults safe at the nursery.
The majority of our Early Years Practitioners hold a full and relevant Level 3 in childcare, Learning and Development or the recognised equivalent, however we also have Practitioners qualified at Level 2, 4, 5 and 6 holding a BA Honours degree in Early Years.
Safe Recruitment Brings Peace of Mind
All Staff are checked using the Disclosure and Barring service (DBS). We check all new staff when we recruit at enhanced disclosure level. All staff must subscribe to the ‘update service’ which enables a check to be made at any time during their employment with us. We make regular checks using this service in line with our safe recruitment policy.
Every 3 years all practitioners are trained in paediatric first aid, safeguarding & child protection and safe sleeping for children. All staff receive regular supervision from Senior Management including fire marshal training, where the whole nursery team practices regular safe evacuation from the building.
- All nursery nurses NNEB qualified or recognised equivalent in childcare, learning and development
- A Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) trained at advanced level leading a team of staff trained in Child protection, safeguarding and whistle Blowing
- An experienced Special Educational and Disabilities needs coordinator (SENCo) holds an accredited Level 3 qualification in SEND
- All staff Criminal Record Bureau checked
- All staff trained in Pediatric First Aid
- All staff trained in Child Protection
- All staff trained in paediatric first aid every 3 years
- Senior staff trained in Special Educational Needs
- Management Team are all trained in fire safety